Top 5 Lead Generation Strategies for Water Treatment Companies in 2019
As the new year begins, many of our clients are working on marketing plans & budgets so we thought this would be a great time to offer up our top 5 best 2018 tested lead generation strategies that produced REAL results.
1. Water Treatment-Related Interest Targeting on Facebook
Facebook is undoubtedly a great resource for advertising your business to consumers who fit specific behavioral, demographic, & interest-based criteria. If you’re not running Facebook ads, you’re missing out on a huge part of your market who needs your services but don’t yet know who you are – or even that they have a problem you can solve.
This year we began running Facebook ads focused on consumers with water softener, hard water, water purification, drinking water, alkaline water, & water treatment interests. OMGoodness! Did you know those interest actually exist on Facebook? They do!
Yes, my friend, this is super cool… and more importantly, these targeted Facebook ads are generating website leads for $30/lead! If you’re not testing Facebook ads, I highly recommend it.
2. Automated Email Sequences & Remarketing
Did you know that web leads are notorious for playing “hard-to-get’?
And your sales reps get a little queasy after calling for the umpteenth time…
That’s where automation comes in to save the day! Structuring different email campaigns to prospects at different levels of your marketing funnel is a great way to keep in touch with highly valuable, educational, & relevant information so you’re staying top-of-mind and building trust.
You can also:
- Run Google & Facebook retargeting ads to people who have visited your site and not contacted your business. Retargeting, also known as remarketing, simply means showing ads to people who have visited your site on other sites around the web.
- Create a custom audience of leads that have been unresponsive and remarket through Facebook, Google, & Email.
- Create a custom audience of those who have had their water tested & received pricing but haven’t closed and remarket through Facebook, Google, & Email. *Ninja Tip – for
this audience video testimonialsused as remarketing ads work very well.
Click the button below to see a nifty infographic & learn more about how to automate your email marketing at each step of your funnel.
3. Current Customer Marketing Programs
I personally find the term, “low hanging fruit” distasteful (pun intended)… however, it’s probably the best way to describe your current customer email list. If you don’t have one of those… close this email and start collecting addresses!
We ALL know that people who have already purchased from you are more likely to buy again…
So why is it so many of us never leverage this list??!! 🤔
Here are 3 ways you can use your current customer list to grow revenue in 2019:
- Cross-market ROs to those with only softeners
- Cross-market softeners to those with only ROs
- Market upgrades to those with equipment older than 7 years (we like using the “seven-year itch” campaign)
So you’re probably saying – cool, Amanda, but HOW?
We recommend doing a combination of postcards, email marketing, targeted Facebook & Google ads (you can upload your customer emails and make a custom audience, ya know!), and phone calls.
4. Work with Your Marketing Company to Track Leads & Sales to the Source
Easier said than done – I know.
It’s really hard to nail down lead attribution in a world where consumers are hit by so many messages every day. And although I’m the first to admit that we don’t do this perfectly, we are pretty darn good at it.
Here are a few ways you can get better at knowing what marketing works in 2019:
- Use unique call tracking numbers on ALL your marketing. We use a company called CallRail and they’ve been great to work with. They allow you to track calls from the source (Organic, AdWords, Facebook, Direct, etc), record and transcribe phone calls (great for training!), and they are quite affordable.
- Work with a marketing company that is able to tie leads and sales revenue back to the AdWords keyword/Facebook ad that generated the lead/sale. If they’re not currently doing this, ask them how they optimize your web presence for what’s generating real results for you.
- Meet regularly to share data & local market events with your digital marketer so you understand what’s working and they can better understand your local market.
5. Test Everything!
“Without failure, there is no achievement.” John C. Maxwell
Testing allows us to free our minds of preconceived notions and open us – and our businesses – up to a whole new world of opportunity.
From testing different Google ads, value propositions, contact forms, calls-to-action, and even different marketing mediums, we start to uncover what the market truly wants so we can better deliver products & services they desire.
Our team also understands that it’s not enough to just consecutively test different variables – you must scientifically split test your ideas so the data wins and not egos – ouch.
The following comes straight out of one of our client’s dashboards. You’ll notice that core performance metrics have improved year over year. This is because of our strategic approach to testing and of course the client’s dedication to delivering on their promises to their customers!
*For our clients, we consider a phone call or a web form submission w/ name, phone number, & email a “conversion” or “contact”.
Testing allows you to experience more leads for less money – pretty cool, huh!?
If you’re interested in learning more about how to grow leads in 2019, click the button below to schedule a free strategy call with me. You’ll discover some tangible ways to grow and steal market share in the coming year.
Our team wishes you and your team a year of success and growth!